Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) Tests
Comprehensive Equine Respiratory RealPCR™ Panel
Faster, more definitive diagnoses of equine respiratory disease
Identifying causative pathogens for respiratory disease is critical for determining treatments, implementing biosecurity protocols and managing the spread of disease.
With the Comprehensive Equine Respiratory RealPCR™ Panel, veterinarians can now submit one specimen to test for up to nine respiratory diseases.
The Comprehensive Equine Respiratory RealPCR Panel consists of nine real-time PCR tests:
- Equine Adenovirus RealPCR™ Test
- Equine Influenza Virus (EIV/H3N8) RealPCR™ Test
- Equine Herpesvirus Type 1 (EHV-1), Type 2 (EHV-2), Type 4 (EHV-4) and Type 5 (EHV-5) RealPCR™ tests
- Equine Rhinitis A Virus (ERAV) and Equine Rhinitis B Virus (ERBV) RealPCR™ tests
- Streptococcus equi subsp. equi RealPCR Test with Culture (Includes culture [organism ID only] on selective media for ß-hemolytic Streptococcus spp.)
- Optional add-on test: Equine Arteritis Virus RealPCR™ Test (must be selected on test requisition form)
Deep nasopharyngeal swabs (one from each nostril). Please submit dry, plastic-stemmed swabs, without transport media, in an RTT or an empty, sterile tube; keep refrigerated. Collect specimen prior to antibiotic administration.
1–4 working days for RealPCR panel; allow additional time for culture
IDEXX is an Educational Partner of the American Association of Equine Practitioners
PCR testing is a service performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.