IDEXX Salmonella RealPCR™ and Culture ID Test
There’s a faster way to detect and contain Salmonella
The IDEXX Salmonella RealPCR Test helps you quickly identify and isolate contagious horses, even asymptomatic horses.
- Confirm the presence of Salmonella organisms quickly with our highly specific and sensitive Salmonella real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
- Isolate infected patients, implement therapy and identify environmental contamination in a more timely manner.
- Quickly identify diarrhea caused by Salmonella.
- Automatic culture identification of Salmonella spp. organisms for confirmation of positive PCR result.
- Acceptable specimens include:
- Fecal swabs (in transport media without charcoal) with ice packs
- Fecal samples (1–5 grams in sterile containers) with ice packs
- Environmental swabs or wipes (in sterile containers containing peptone broth to cover, but not incubated)
- Ship sample within 24 hours of collection.
The IDEXX Salmonella RealPCR and Culture ID Test is performed daily, Monday–Friday.
- PCR results are available within 24 hours if the sample is received by 5:00 p.m.
- PCR results for specimens received on Friday are available Monday.
- Culture identification results are available within 72 hours of sample receipt.
IDEXX is an Educational Partner of the American Association of Equine Practitioners
PCR testing is a service performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.